Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Visit to Portland

My Dad recently had a shunt placed in his brain for some fluid that had been collecting, that surgery went well and the shunt is doing it's job. He also has a tumor on his brain and had to undergo radiation for several weeks day after day. I was not able to be there during that time, but Jonathan and I felt that I should be there just as soon as I could. I took Levi with me and stayed for 1 week.

During that time, I was able to help them with a lot of things that had been neglected while my dad has been ill. One of those jobs was cleaning out the garage and helping them sell things on Craigslist. It was a success, we cleaned it out and sold lots, still more to sell, but I have taught my mom how to do it and gave her some tips on uploading pics to photobucket, etc. this makes relisting a snap. It was a very nice visit. Levi got to meet his cousins, my sisters met him for the first time and we got to spend quality time with my mom and dad. So hard to leave, but I'm glad me made the trip.



Levi and his cousin Hannah, 2 weeks apart in age, she was born on my birthday


At Grandma's...the neighbor gave us a bunch of Little People toys for Levi to play with while we were there and asked her to keep them. Perfect for the grandkids


Hannah and Levi, of course he stole her pink sippy. This is out on my sister's property


Cousin Sarah with Levi


Beautiful sunset in my parents backyard


This is our big job, there is my dad in his wheelchair


My dad and my brother in law Shaun, so helpful. My dad has some bald spots on his head from the shunt surgery and the radiation



Dad and Mom


My sister Connie and her 3 girls, oldest is Christiana, Sarah and Hannah


This is the morning we left, I have red eyes from crying...didn't want to say good bye

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(HUGS) Aimee. I'll keep your father and family in my prayers. There's some beautiful pictures there.