
Our first semester at a public school was a disaster. It did not work out in so many aspects, but more importantly, we missed the children. Elizabeth and Levi missed them. Our friends had been involved in a program called Connections Academy and have really enjoyed it, so I decided to look into it. It's a virtual school, where they provide a computer, curriculum, support and supplies, etc. and we work at home. It's a free program, because it is considered a public school, but Jonathan and I can be there to oversee all of it. They had been full as far as enrollment and then they just opened enrollment for Spring Semester. I quickly jumped in and was able to enroll all 4 of the kids and they are back at home and thriving. I am so much more relaxed, it has given me some confidence and the needed support. Financially, it's been a blessing that I didn't have to purchase curriculum and secondly, their lessons are all planned out by the computer and a teacher. It's custom made for where they are at and they will soon be able to enroll in electives like foreign languages. They have neat clubs and field trips that we can be a part of too. I am thankful for the peace that it has brought into our family, just this change in our life.
The attitudes of the children are just awesome and they are so happy to be at home and together again. We have a very close family and it's just so much fun. I was able to get some student desks and we have a little classroom set up now. Elizabeth and Levi even have their own desk to color at and read. I'll share some pics of the classroom and the shipment of stuff we got, so fun, it was like Christmas when it arrived.









After I made the note on the white board, they all made their own mark on there too and made some doodles, so sweet.
3 comments:
Nice Kuiper!!
Looking forward to tomorrow, Keep me posted!!
The classroom is fantastic... and all the resources you got for the homeschooling are great! Very exciting!
How wonderful! I'm so glad it has worked out for the best. I love the set up too. Well done Aimee!
Post a Comment