Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AWANA


The children are involved with AWANA this year. A really great program that involves lots of Scripture memorization, fun activities and meeting new friends. I have been volunteering, so we go once a week. They have uniforms and earn badges. I even get to wear a uniform too :) They are really enjoying it, especially Elizabeth. She really looks forward to going each week, she really misses them when they are at school. Elizabeth is a Cubbie, Jack and Haleigh are in the same group and they call them Sparks and Gabi and Madeline are in T&T, (Truth & Training). I help out in the T&T group, listen to the other little girls recite their Scriptures and they learn something along the lines of of the shorter Catechisms. Here is an example:

Why did God give us the Bible?
  • So we can know who He is.
  • So we can know He is the one and only true God.
  • So we can know His Word is always true.
  • So we can learn about people from the past.
  • So we can understand we are sinners.
  • So we can know that Jesus is God and that Jesus is the Son of God.
  • To show us we need a Savior.
  • So we can know how to live.
I'm so proud of them, they work hard and memorize all week before class and thrilled when they are able to recite.

3 comments:

Manuela said...

How wonderful Aimee. What a great thing for them to be involved in. And for you to be part of too.

McClureFamily said...

We started Jenna in Cubbies when we were in Virginia. The church that we are attendin here in Monterey does it too and I took her for the first time last night. It really is a great program.

Ros said...

Sounds like a great program - I'm glad they are enjoying it!