Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Craigslist and Garage Sales

The season of garage sales is upon us here in Colorado Springs. I have so much fun scouring Craigslist and going to GS's for bargains. I have been able to make some good money just buying/selling items. Every weekend, I come home packed with stuff to sell. Here, I drove home with this bouncey horse on top. I got some pretty funny looks and lots of smiles from the kids.


This was a pretty neat find, but it took quite a bit of work. It was posted on CL for $40, a loveseat and ottoman but no pictures were available. I emailed the seller a few times and she assures me it's from a pet and smoke free home. I drive 25mins across town into what I like to call the ghetto. She is smoking on the front porch and put's it out and says, oh, I don't smoke in the house. UGH. I go in and she asks me to shut the door so the dog doesn't get out. WHAT??? I thought it was a pet and smoke free home. I look at the couch and it's gross, I mean yucky with grime and pen marks and it does smell. I offered her $20 for that and a little tikes picnic table and she said yes. I still was not happy about smelling it all the way home. When I get home, I was able to remove the fabric on the cushions and steam cleaned the whole thing. It came out beautiful. I was able to sell the set for $200 and the picnic table for $40.


Another great find was this Little Tikes Dinosaur that I bought for $5, apparently it's hard to find. I sold it for $97 on ebay, so that was pretty exciting.

Even if you're not shopping for deals to resell like me, it is a really great place to find things for just what you need. It's free to list and free to search. Have fun Craigslisting. If you need help selling something and want some tips or someone to do it for you, let me know, I'd be happy to help you.

oh,I can't forget Jack's favorite find. This is just an awesome sword that we are keeping, no I won't sell it.

5 comments:

Manuela said...

Wow, it amazes me!
Way to go Aimee!

McClureFamily said...

You are the craigslist queen! I sold the girls' toddler beds the same day that their new bunk beds arrived. That was exciting. I sold enough to almost completely pay for the new bunk beds. I watched craigslist for a month and couldn't find any that I liked, which was frustrating, but it was still exciting to have almost know money out of pocket. Keep up the good work!

Cindy said...

I remember when Gabby was really little and I was looking for my favorite book I had given her, "Tiny Tea". "Mommy sold it on ebay", she said. I think that was one of her first words. We found it in the shelf. It was safe!!!!!! Whew!

Ros said...

You are a true bargain queen!

Karen said...

Wow - how fun - you are like the queen of CL and garage sales and making money! :) You go girl Can't believe you got $97 for that purple dinosaur! That's AWESOME A $92 profit