Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Ride on the ambulance for Haleigh

Haleigh fell off the monkey bars at school and they felt it was serious enough to take her to the hospital. They called me right away and we go down to the school, ambulance, fire truck and numerous police cars. She was strapped to a board and her neck in a brace. I was scared. We all head to the hospital and by the time we get there, the doc had assessed her and decided x rays were not necessary and she was just bruised and mostly scared. Poor thing.


When I picked up the other 2 kids from school, Madeline jumped in the car and was crying and said, is Haleigh ok? At that moment, Haleigh hollers, YES. She was smiling with more tears in her eyes. She was so worried and saw all of the kids and police, EMT's, etc and she said she had thought she saw me on the playground and when they rolled her away, she asked one of the teachers, who was that girl? They said Haleigh Kuiper and she burst into tears and said that's my sister. This little one is so sensitive and so caring and loves each sibling dearly. She went in and sat with the teacher for a bit to calm down. I am thankful for our large family and I love that we are all so close. What a blessing it is to me.



So sad and scared


the 2 little ones just hanging out


Especially sweet here, daddy is holding her hand and Elizabeth is as well


She is supposedly flexing her muscles here. This is her tank that Pat and Stacie bought for her b-day, since her nickname is The Colonel


Ok, feeling better now, comic relief with Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy Aimee, I was almost in tears too reading that. How sweet of her. I think that you have a wonderful and beautiful family - and we've never even met yet. :-)
I'm glad that Haleigh's ok and it was nothing serious. (hugs)

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness. I just read the post about Haleigh!!! Poor baby.
I'm glad you are all so close also. God's protection is very evident.
Love you,
Mississippi

Ros said...

Wow.. what a dramatic day!! I'm so glad Haleigh's alright. Must have been so scary for all of you!

All Things Cook said...

Poor little Hales!!! And poor Madeline!! I am so glad she's ok. Miss you guys. Give the kids a hug for Matt and I!