Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I've been doing a bunch of cleaning/purging & updating around here. While Jonathan was out of town I surprised him with a new wall color. We have had this dark red in our room for 4yrs, it was this color when we moved in and although it wasn't bad, I just wanted a change and to brighten it up. On a budget of course. I looked in the garage and found some plain white so I could prime it and then I had leftover Cafe Au Lait when we painted some other parts of the house. Nice, neutral color to brighten up the room. I also found a new to me Crate and Barrel duvet cover from the Goodwill and paid $5.99 for it.



Next, it was on to the boys room. The framed art in there I've had pretty much since Gabi was a baby, some Teddy Bear stuff that I even bought used 11yrs ago. I was at Target and found some really fun Robot decals that you just stick on the wall and they come off, so much easier then wallpaper. They were like $6.34 for 32 stickers. I started to put them on the wall and they looked so bad, they were coming loose and since the paint in there is so dark, you couldn't see the pictures very well. I almost donated all of these frames, but then got to thinking, I'm going to frame these stickers and make some custom art. It came out so well and such a cheap redo. The boys love it, they think the robots are so much fun.








I didn't really get good pics of them up on the wall and the whole room because I haven't quite finished what I want to do in there and I made a mess LOL, so at a later time I will.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I think the lack of money in your life has given you a wonderfully meaningful life. God has given you great joy in your finds and creativity. I was in a Bible Study many years ago with Carson Palmer's mom. He was still in high school. He went on to win the Heisman Trophy. She told the story that if her mom wanted a love seat and she had a sofa, she got out the chain saw and wa la!!! Reminds me of you.

Ros said...

I love what you have done with your bedroom.. it looks beautiful!