
The big girls, Gabi(11) and Maddy(10) had just white walls in their room and their bedding had become quite worn. I found a gently used set on Ebay for $20 shipped for everything. 2 whole sets, comforter, sheets & pillowcases. Once they arrived in the mail, we were off to find some paint. We picked out a pretty celery green color. I had found a really cute Pottery Barn green gingham lamp shade over the summer at a garage sale and it has just been sitting unused, without a base. It's fairly large, so it was difficult to find one, until my sweet friend Stacie gave me her old lamp and we just switched shades. Next, we went to the Goodwill to find some last minute items. How perfect, found the exact same green gingham from Pottery Barn in a long drape for just $2.99. They got a new dresser last year that I also got at GW and painted white, I should have saved the before picture, but oh well. Here is the finished room. It turned out so cute and they had so much fun painting their own room.






2 comments:
It looks great Aimee - I love the picket fence bed!
Beautiful.. a lovely little 'retreat' for them!
Post a Comment