Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Green Hair

I forgot to mention how green Ellie's hair had gotten with all of that swimming. She is so blonde and Gabi has light brown hair with some lighter spots and you guessed it, those soon became green highlights. I had tried a lot of things to try and remove it. First ketchup, then vinegar, Ultra Swim, baking soda and even another special swimmer's shampoo from Sally Beauty Supply and nothing worked. I finally googled for the 20th time and decided to try tomato paste and leave it on longer, like 20mins.

IT WORKED. Beautiful, golden blonde and light brown hair again.

It looked so dry and damaged, it's creased from having it pulled up to hide it while it was still green.


Gabi's is more subtle


Time for the tomato treatment










2 comments:

Ros said...

Oh my gosh - those tomato paste photos are hilarious. Glad it worked!

Karen said...

LOVE the pics - he he he - looks AWESOME with the paste in!