Friday, March 27, 2009

Sewing 101

The girls had their first sewing lesson. We picked out a pattern for their American Girl dolls. Each one bought fabric on the clearance rack and we set out to make these dresses. This is the pattern we chose.


Next, we laid out the fabric, did our pinning and then cutting the pieces.







On to sewing our pieces together





All done. I think this was not an easy to piece to start with, but I think they did a great job.


Gabriella with Molly


Haleigh with Samantha


Madeline with Kit


3 comments:

Manuela said...

Oh wow, very impressive!!!!!!! I'm amazed! The dolls are beautiful and so are the girls!

What's New? said...

Kuiper, Way to take pics!!
They came out SOOO good
you should start making your own line of Gymboree clothes!! lol
Looks like fun!!

Ros said...

Wow.. what a great project.. they did really well making those!