Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Office

Jonathan and I used to share an office together, until I began homeschooling and I moved upstairs where we had room in the 2nd family room for my desk and their student desks. We have since put them in a charter school that we love and I've never moved back downstairs. Jonathan had a desk that I bought from the Goodwill about 10yrs ago and then I had found another one at the GW 10 years later in the same style, with the exact same handles, just different size desks and drawer space. Really square, 60's type desks, but love the surface space, tons of room. One of the desks was missing 2 handles and we wanted to share an office again, so I had decided I wanted to paint the desk and replace the handles. When I took one of the handles to Home Depot, I quickly realized how costly new handles would be. I found some moulding that was identical in size and shape, so I bought a huge piece of that for like $3 and cut them down to fit and painted it all in Black Suede from Home Depot and I feel like I have new desks. Very modern and clean lines. The hardware is brushed nickel and with the new paint, it looks awesome. After I got that new sectional down in the basement, I had no room for our futon. It's not the greatest, but has a comfy mattress and is nice for guests. I decided to move it into our newly shared office, but it was too big, so I had to take it apart just to get it in there. Whew, if we ever move, I'm hoping someone else packs us and moves our furniture.

I neglected to take some decent before pics and after I moved the bigger desk to the basement it was already turned over and ready to paint, I did not feel like flipping it back up for a before pic.


Jonathan's Desk

My desk upside down. I had to take the top off to carry it down the stairs, it's so heavy.


Desk feet, handles, both new and old and the hardware.





A little crowded, but I like being side by side


No comments: