Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Red Walls

I told you I've been busy while Jonathan was gone for 2 weeks. Moved into this home with Terracotta Orange walls and never painted...until now. Again, my very pregnant friend Stacie came to help me, so sweet. Huge, vaulted ceilings. Not an easy task, but I did it. Haven't done much with the 2nd family room, but at least I neutralized the teal blue walls with the khaki color.

Before:



Ellie was just a baby in her carseat.


Don't you love the fake brick wall? Don't worry, that was painted over within days of moving in. I can't remove it, so I just made it look alot less noticeable by painting it in the Cafe Au lait color.





Mirrors were $5 each at and the clock was $10 at Big Lots.

My Welcome sign was a housewarming gift from my friend Elissa.




I moved the hall tree over to this wall because I found a really great piece in the free section on Craigslist. Old, but solid wood long dresser, very danish modern or something. I got so busy and excited to get working on these jobs that I didn't take great before pictures. Here is the dresser after I had already primed it with black spray paint. Then the finished product is painted in Black Suede. I also painted all 4 end tables in this color. 2 I already had and 2 I had gotten months ago on CL for $10. You can see 2 of them in the living room, I have 1 in the office and 1 in the basement family room.





The black box in this picture next to the end tables is this neat 3 piece wooden shelf that I got from the Goodwill for $9.99 and painted it Black Suede, you can see this on the wall above my new sectional.




For the art above my new buffet table, I bought frames at Goodwill for $1.99 each, found a coordinating shower curtain for $1.49 and cut the fabric and framed it in my newly painted frames.


The other black things in front are the pull out writing boards that go to our desks.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Your house looks incredible. It looks like grownups live there.:) Incredible job.

Ros said...

Aimee - you are amazing!